EasyHits4U.com - Your Free Traffic Exchange - 1:1 Exchange Ratio, 5-Tier Referral Program. FREE Advertising!
Check out my new domain @ SingingCoconut


World Today is now @ Twitter!!!



All these posts are just sharings from friends' e-mails. Don't like it? You can choose to stop reading :) Feel like sharing what you like? Kindly to e-mail me at NathDeCoco@gmail.com ^_^

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rain

A post suitable to share with the current weather outside my room :)

It was a busy
morning, about
8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80's
arrived to have
stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a
hurry as he had an
appointment at
9:00 am.

I took his vital
signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be
over an hour before someone
would to able to see him. I saw him
looking at his watch and decided, since I
was not busy with another
patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam, it was
well healed, so
I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to
remove his
sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of
his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's
appointment this
morning, as
he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to
the nursing home to eat
breakfast with his wife.

I inquired as to her health.

He told me that
she
had been there
for a while and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we
talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was
a bit late.

He replied that she no longer knew who he
was, that she had not recognized him in
five years now.

I was
surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every
morning, even
though she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he
patted my hand and said,

'She doesn't
know me, but I still know who she is.'


I had to hold back
tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and
thought,

'That is
the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is
neither physical, nor romantic.

True love is an
acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will
not be.

With all the jokes
and fun that are in e-mails, sometimes there is one
that comes along that has an
important message.. This one I thought I
could share with you.

The happiest people don't necessarily
have the best of everything; they just make
the best of everything
they have.

I hope you share this with someone you
care about.
I just did.

'Life
isn't about
how to survive the storm,

But how to dance in
the
rain.'


We
are all getting
Older

Tomorrow
may be our
turn.

No comments: